Discover why Olive Hill is truly unique. Please take a few moments and read Our Vision, Our Values, Our Strategic Goals, and Our Mission Statement.
Olive Hill's Vision:
The City is a Great Place to Grow as a Family, Individual, or Business.
- All within our city are safe and secure.
- Essential services will be those that promote a safe and healthy environment for all residents.
- Essential services and programs will be enhanced and streamlined, and will be provided in an Economical manner.
- The city views residents as its greatest asset and seeks their input and participation.
- The city will meet the communication needs of citizens, elected officials, and city staff.
Olive Hill's Values:
- Excellence and Quality in the Delivery of Services
We believe that service to the public is our reason for being and we strive to deliver quality services in a highly professional and cost-effective manner.
- Fiscal Responsibility
We believe that fiscal responsibility and the prudent stewardship of public funds and city assets is essential if residents are to have confidence in government.
- Ethics, Integrity and Professionalism
We believe that ethics, integrity, and professionalism are the foundation blocks of public trust and confidence and that all meaningful relationships are built on these values.
- Respect for the Individual
We believe in the uniqueness of every individual, and welcome, appreciate, and respect diversity and the differing of opinions.
- Open, Honest and Respectful Communication
We believe that open, honest, and respectful communication is essential for an informed and involved citizenry and to foster a positive environment for those interacting with our city.
- Cooperation and Teamwork
We believe that the public is best served when all work cooperatively.
- Visionary Leadership and Planning
We believe that the very essence of leadership is to be responsive to current goals and needs, and visionary in planning for the future.
Olive Hill's Strategic Goals:
- The city will maintain and improve its infrastructure (water distribution, storm water, sewer, roads, parks, lighting, and city facilities).
- The city will use frugal spending and resourceful financial management to maintain its fiscal health.
- The city will encourage maintenance, redevelopment, and reinvestment of existing properties to improve or enhance its tax base.
- The city will provide core services with a professional staff who are equipped with the necessary tools and equipment and given necessary direction.
- The city will facilitate and improve communications to promote effective intergovernmental cooperation between staff, citizens, and Council.
Olive Hill's Mission Statement:
Strong local government that is proactive in responding to the community needs and issues by delivering quality public service to all city residents, businesses, property owners, and organizations in a prudent and efficient manner.